Sunday, August 1, 2010

My Brother's Keeper...

There is someone in this world that I am very grateful for. I was told I am grateful for her. I was also told to create a blog post entirely about her. Of course, I couldn't refuse. My life is too valuable to me. However I'm sure I'll get some bruises for this post.

The person of whom I speak is my sister in law, Jessica. Here she is in front of a shower curtain.


Why am I grateful for my sister in law? I'm glad you asked.

Reason #1: My brother. Some of you may know him. If you know the Reece of today I'm happy for you. If you only remember the Reece from high school I'm sorry for you. So very very sorry for you. The following picture may be how he is remembered among his peers. Yes Jessica, I stole most of these pictures from your blog.


He wasn't my favorite person a few years ago, however a wonderful thing that everyone has the ability to do is change. Often times people need assistance to make necessary changes. When Reece got home from his mission he had matured somewhat. I like to say he was a more refined punk. I credit Jessica with the transformation that has taken place in recent years.

As you can see, he's very mature now.



Reason #2: My niece. Little Lola has been a wonderful person to get to know. She is about as well behaved as both Reece and Jess were growing up, but I believe she gets her facial expression skills from her mother.



It's important to understand that Jessica and I had a special bond before we had even met. Shortly before I returned home from my mission Reece emailed me to say he was very excited for me to meet the girl he was dating. I of course replied that I was excited to meet her and steal her away from him. After I met her I realized that she had a profound influence on Reece, one that I couldn't bring myself to end.

I'm grateful for my sister in law, and yes, I'm grateful for my brother as well. Jessica may have had a strong influence on Reece, but it's apparent that he has managed to add his own influence to the mix.

I hope I can be as lucky as Reece and find such a positive influence. But, in my defense, I don't think I need THAT much changing.

2 comments:

  1. Sniff, sniff... I am so touched. Never has there been a more appropriate tribute to my awesomeness. Well done, brother. Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A most beautiful tribute. Now where's mine?

    ReplyDelete